Project Management Certificate Program
The Project Management Certificate program is a structured series of courses designed to prepare students for careers in the planning and business fields. A Penn State certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the four required courses:
- Project Initiation and Planning
- Project Scheduling and Integration
- Project Costing and Control
- Project Risk and Change Management
Who Should Attend?
- Take your career to the next level. A Project Management Certificate from Penn State looks great on your résumé or job application.
- Become more desirable to your current employer. Employers are always looking at the bottom line, and project managers help keep costs down. Your employer will appreciate that you took the initiative to attend our program.
- Project management skills can benefit those supervising and working in fields such as engineering, research and development, construction, facilities management, manufacturing, health care, software development, finance, or anyone who manages projects.
- Increase your credibility. A certificate from Penn State is easily recognized and held in high regard by employers.
2013-14 Project Management Certificate Courses
For course material infomation contact Annie Haines at 717-771-4197
Project Initiation and Planning REGISTER
This course introduces the student to the project management process, the role of the project manager, project communications, and project leadership. This is the first of four courses required for the certificate. It begins the planning process covering topics such as objectives, scope, and success criteria.
- Prerequisite: None
- Schedule number: 551294
- Course Number: PJMGT 5000
- Course Meets: Mondays, September 16-October 28, 2013, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Fee: $400 plus text
Project Scheduling and IntegrationREGISTER
This course continues to build upon the lessons learned in the first course, Project Initiation and Planning. Content covers the work breakdown structure, project schedule, PERT/GANTT/CP methods, and project integration.
- Prerequisite: Project Initiation and Planning
- Schedule number: 551297
- Course Number: PJMGT 5001A
- Course Meets: Mondays, November 4–December 16, 2013, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Fee: $400
Project Costing and ControlREGISTER
This course continues along the project cycle and introduces selection criteria, procurement, cost estimating, and control mechanisms.
- Prerequisite: Project Initiation and Planning; Project Scheduling and Integration
- Schedule number: 551300
- Course number: PJMGT 5002
- Course meets: Mondays, January 6 - February 17, 2014, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Fee: $400
Project Risk and Change ManagementREGISTER
This last course in the series introduces the student to risk and change management, team responsibilities, conflicts, quality, ethics, and closeout. This is the last course required for the certificate in project management.
- Prerequisite: Project Initiation and Planning; Project Scheduling and Integration, Project Costing and Control
- Schedule number: 551303
- Course number: PJMGT 5003A
- Course meets: Mondays, February 24 - April 7, 2014, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Fee: $400
Instructor: Tom King, PMP
- Programs for Adults
- Adult Learner Information