Because of changes in Penn State’s associate degree, we recommend adult students start with the Foundations in Business Certificate followed by Advanced Foundations in Business. The third and last associate degree business certificate is the Business Administration Certificate.
Program Coordinator: Orsay Kucukemiroglu
Foundations in Business (16 Credits)
- CAS 100 Effective Speech
- ENGL 015 Rhetoric and Composition Requires ENGL 004 or satisfactory performance on placement exam
- MIS 204 Introduction to Business Information Systems
- ECON 102 or 104 Introductory Micro/Macroeconomic Analysis and Policy
- B A 243 Social, Legal, and Ethical Environment of Business (4)
Advanced Foundations in Business (16 Credits)
- PSYCH 100 Introductory Psychology
- ACCTG 211 Financial and Managerial Accounting for Decision Making (4) (Take toward the end of the certificate program)
- B A 250 Small Business Management
- MKTG 220 Introduction to Selling Techniques
- MATH 021 College Algebra I Requires MATH 004 or satisfactory performance on math placement exam
Participants must have completed the Foundations Certificates before selecting a specialty business certificate.
Business Administration (12 Credits)
The Business Administration Certificate is designed to teach the critical skills and knowledge needed to function effectively in today’s workplace. This program may be used as a “step-up” to the associate degree in Business Administration.
- STAT 200 Elementary Statistics
- MGMT 301 Basic Management Concepts
- MKTG 301W Principles of Marketing
- ENGL 202D Effective Writing: Business Writing
- Programs for Adults
- Adult Learner Information