Earn a Penn State 12-credit certificate in less than one year.
Learn in an interactive classroom setting with a Penn State instructor and other adult learners.
Build your résumé to advance you career.
Gain specialized knowledge on workplace and employment issues from both the employee’s and the employer’s perspectives.
The Labor Studies and Employment Relations certificate program addresses many topics in the field of human resources including:
- employment law
- the role of unions
- collective bargaining
- workplace diversity
- conflict resolution
- LER 100: Employment Relations
- LER 201: Employment Relationship: Law and Policy
- LER 136: Race, Gender, and Employment
- LER 435: Labor Relations in the Public Sector
- Programs for Adults
- Adult Learner Information