Program Contact: Dennis Baughman, 717-771-8413, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dennis P. Baughman, Ed.D. - Coordinator of the Master of Education in Teaching and Curriculum
The English as a Second Language (ESL) Program Specialist Certification consists of five graduate-level courses taken with a cohort of other elementary and secondary teachers from the area. Courses are offered at the Penn State York campus and at Penn State, The Lancaster Center and can be taken consecutively over five semesters.
- EDUC 466: Foundations of Teaching English as a Second Language
- EDUC 467: English Language Structure and Linguistics for English as a Second Language Teachers
- EDUC 468: Language Acquisition for English as a Second Language Teachers
- EDUC 469: Teaching English as a Second Language Methods and Assessment
- EDUC 475: English as a Second Language Leadership, Research, and Advocacy
Due to requirements issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, each course will include field experiences that need to be completed by the student.