After Admissions Checklist
- Schedule a tour of the campus. Call 717-771-4040 or 1-800-778-6227 or register online for one of our admissions programs.
- Pay your acceptance fee by the date located on the acceptance notification in your offer packet.
- Complete the ALEKS Math Assessment and Educational Planning Survey online. You will receive information after paying the acceptance fee regarding this. The ALEKS Math Assessment determines appropriate first-year courses in math and chemistry (if required). For more information contact Advising and Career Development at 717-771-4053.
- Attend New Student Orientation (NSO) Part 1 – Academic Advising. During this advising day, students discuss their ALEKS results, meet with an academic adviser and schedule courses. NSO days will take place in June, July, and August. Additional information will be mailed during the summer. Note: If you are entering for Spring or Summer semester, contact Advising and Career Development at 717-771-4053 to schedule an appointment to register for classes. Learn more about NSO Part 1.
- If you are a transfer student, contact the Advising and Career Development office to connect with an adviser.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete the FAFSA application by March 1, 2013. The school code for Penn State is 003329. For further information, contact the Financial Aid office at 717-771-4045.
- Look-up your Student Aid on eLion. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 717-771-4045 if you have any questions or concerns.
- Activate your computer access account and obtain your Penn State student ID at the M.S. Grumbacher Information Sciences and Technology Center (ISTC). For further information contact 717-771-4080.
- Grant family members access to grades and tuition information through eLion.
- Complete the mandatory Penn State SAFE and AWARE programs before the first day of class.
- Submit your health history form on eLion.
- Consider off-campus housing.
- Contact Student Affairs if you are a veteran student at 717-771-4045 to complete benefit forms.
- Interested in Penn State York athletics? Please complete the online prospective student athletic form and visit our athletics website.
- Attend Campus Life Orientation. Attendance at this student-only event is mandatory. Orientation occurs on the Friday before the first day of classes each semester. Campus Life Orientation is a time to meet new friends, connect with faculty, learn about campus resources, and become familiar with the many opportunities to become involved on campus as a new Penn Stater. Additional information will be mailed out to you before the semester.
Other Important Steps
- Obtain your free parking permit online
- Purchase your books in the bookstore at the M.S. Grumbacher Information Sciences and Technology Center (ISTC). Take your course schedule with you! For more information contact 717-771-4110.
- Contact the Nittany Success Center 717-771-4026 or the Student Affairs office 717-771-4045 if you are a student with disabilities or special needs before the beginning of the semester to discuss and plan academic support services and accommodations.