Dual Enrollment Program Registration Process:
- Interested students should contact the Penn State York office of admissions at 717-771-4040 to obtain a Penn State York Dual Enrollment Form and Contract and to set up an appointment to meet with an admissions counselor in order to schedule a class(es).
- Dual enrollment appointments are scheduled beginning in May for the fall semester and late November for the spring semester each year. Classes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The student must bring the following documents to the admissions appointment:
- The completed Penn State York Dual Enrollment Form and Contract, signed by the student, parent/guardian, and high school guidance counselor
- High school transcript, including SAT/ACT/PSAT test scores (if taken)
- It is also recommended that the student review the schedule of classes offered during the appropriate semester prior to the admissions office appointment. Students should direct any questions regarding which college courses will fulfill high school requirements to their high school guidance counselor. View the Penn State York schedule of classes.
- Penn State York classes most frequently recommended for the dual enrollment program are as follows (* indicates that in order to register for the class, the student must first pass a placement test):
- Astrology 001
- Biology 141/142 (for non-majors)
- Biology 110 (for science majors)
- CAS 100 (Speech)
- Economics 102
- English 015
- History 021
- Human Development and Family Studies 129
- Math 110*
- Psychology 100
- Sociology 001
Completing the Registration Process:
The Penn State registration process consists of two steps:
- First, the student schedules specific classes through the admissions office (“enrollment”).
- Second, the student becomes registered by paying the tuition bill