Penn State York Paris - March 1 - March 9, 2013
Day 1: Departure
Depart from Washington Dulles Airport to Paris. Overnight flight with Air France, flight AF55 leaving at 7:20 p.m.
Day 2: Saturday, March 2 PARIS
On arrival, transfer to your hotel located on the Grands Boulevards in the 9th district, by rue Montmartre. Start exploring your neighborhood: walk to the Opera, Madeleine Church, Place de la Concorde, and Place Vendome.
Day 3: Sunday, March 3 PARIS
You may want to visit the Louvre Museum, less than twenty minutes walk from your hotel as you follow the rue de Richelieu. Entrance to the Louvre is free on the first Sunday of each month. Museums are closed on either Mondays or Tuesdays.
Day 4: Monday, March 4 PARIS
Another free day to enjoy the city. The Musee d' Orsay is open today and well worth a visit. Installed in a former railway station by the river Seine, it features art from 1848 to 1914, including an extensive collection of Impressionist masterpieces.
Day 5: Tuesday, March 5 PARIS
Explore Paris. Among the many areas you may want to visit are Le Marais, Place des Voges, the Ile Saint Louis and Ile de la Cite (Notre Dame). Walk around the Latin Quarter where students and intellectuals meet in the cafés of Saint Michel, Saint Germain, or Montparnasse.
Day 6: Wednesday, March 6 PARIS
Enjoy a day in Versailles visiting the splendid Palace of Louis XIV and its gardens, the Grand and the Petit Trianon as well as the Hamlet of Marie Antoinette. The train to Versailles Rive Gauche leaves from Gare St. Michel.
Day 7: Thursday, March 7 PARIS
Optional full day excursion to the Loire Valley. This tour leaves at 7:00 a.m. and returns at 7:00 p.m. It includes a photo stop at Chambord, a visit of Chenonceau and a stop in the quaint little town of Amboise where you will see another Chateau.
Day 8: Friday, March 8 PARIS
There is much more to see in Paris: the Champs Elysées, the Eiffel Tower, the Sacré Coeur at Montmartre.
Day 9: Saturday, March 9 RETURN
Transfer to the Charles de Gaulle airport for your return flight to Washington Dulles Airport with Air France, flight AF54 leaving Paris at 1:35 p.m.
Terms and Conditions
Celestial Voyagers’ terms and conditions relate to contracts with airlines, hotels, and other suppliers. The regulations below must be strictly enforced as they are related to these contracts.
Deposit: $500 due upon reservation and preferably before November 30, 2012
Final payment no later than December 16, 2012
Airline seats may be available until January 30. However, after December 16, airfare may increase and an additional $100 late fee will apply.
Credit card payments
We accept Visa and MasterCard. Since merchant fees are not included in the package price, should you wish to pay by credit card, a supplement of 3.5 percent applies.
All cancellations must be received in writing. The following penalties apply:
- $150 nonrefundable processing fee.
- Penalty of 50 percent of the trip cost for cancellations received between November 30, 2012, and January 14, 2013
- Penalty of 100 percent of total price for cancellations received on or after January 15, 2013, or in case of noshow.
We strongly recommend that you avail yourself of travel insurance as protection against these penalties. Please check with HTH Travel Insurance for plans and premiums.
All travelers on Penn State programs are required to purchase travel insurance through HTH Worldwide. Students will be sent enrollment information two weeks prior to departure. Non-students must purchase TravelGap or TripProtector from: http://www.hthtravelinsurance.com
The price includes:
- Round trip flights from Washington Dulles International Airport to Paris with Air France
- Airport taxes and “Q” tax for fuel surcharge at $615, subject to increase and adjustment at time of ticketing
- Transfers between Charles de Gaulle Airport and Hotel Ronceray
- Seven nights accommodation in double room at Hotel Ronceray
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Supervision by Suzanne Flinchbaugh
The price does not include:
- Single room supplement + $595
- Optional day to Loire Valley + $165 (minimum fifteen participants)
- Possible day excursion to Normandy with either Cityrama or ParisVision
- Entrance fees to museums
- Meals other than specified
- Cost of personal items: phone, internet, drinks, etc.
- Optional travel insurance covering trip cancellation in case of medical emergency
- Passport and visa fees. Everyone needs a passport valid until September 10, 2013. If you are not an American citizen, a visa may be required. A green card is compulsory.
If you will not be a student at the time of this trip or a Penn State employee, you must enroll in the following continuing education course before registering for this trip. Registration forms for this continuing education course, FR 5016, Schedule Number 543674, can be obtained in the Academic Affairs office, 328 Lee R. Glatfelter Library or by contacting Kathy Landis at 717-771-4051. This course will meet January 19 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. The fee to register for this course is $30. The deadline for registration is January 5. All participants must be 18 years of age at the time of the trip.