The advising component of FTCAP is the first stage of your academic advising. This portion of FTCAP takes place at the Penn State campus you've been admitted to. The focus of this program is on educational planning and academic advising for each new student. This program:
- provides you with an understanding of your academic preparation and abilities as compared to other Penn State students;
- enables you to discuss, with a FTCAP adviser, your educational plans and the characteristics of those academic programs in which you have expressed an interest;
- familiarizes you with the academic structure of Penn State and with the wide range of degree programs available;
- helps you select courses and register for your first semester of study;
- acquaints you with your campus, some of its staff, policies and procedures, and the out-of-class environment.