Corporate Partners will have the opportunity to:
- Get to know future members of the region’s workforce, student interns, and positively impact their learning curves in order to strengthen these prospective new employees’ “fit” within their corporate culture.
- Have an open and ongoing dialog with the faculty partner about the needs with respect to hiring new employees; resulting in the campus customizing the curriculum of the current intern you are mentoring, as well as identifying trends that will help shape curriculum upgrades on a broader scale going forward.
- Share your organization’s continuous improvement needs so that customized training provided by the Penn State York Continuing Education Department can help you achieve your goals. Penn State York as well as the University expertise and resources are tapped to meet these needs.
List of Corporate Partners
- GEA Refrigeration Technologies
- Glatfelter Insurance Group
- Harley-Davidson York Vehicle Operations
- New Standard Corporation
- Shipley Energy
- The Graham Group
What corporate partners need to know about the program’s structure
Relationship-Based Success Model
This model provides a second view of how the program incorporates an ongoing relationship with students, faculty, and internship hosts with a key component of ongoing counsel by the combined efforts of the host mentor and the academic adviser. It provides an example of a preferred experience with two internship cycles for the students and a successful end result of employment.
View the Model Diagram (pdf)
Trio Appraisal Process
In consultation with our corporate partners, an internship review document has been created to resemble the real life appraisal process that students will experience as future employees. The key component for this leadership program is the inclusion of the academic adviser in the conversation between the corporate mentor and the student intern. This three-way conversation provides the 360 degree feedback necessary for the student and academic adviser to determine future course selections to address the opportunities for improvement identified by the corporate mentor.
View the Appraisal Document (pdf)
In response to a request by our corporate partners, on-campus events will be scheduled for corporate partners to have more frequent and both formal and informal interaction with prospective interns. Program growth will focus on providing unique field trip opportunities for Graham Fellows and their host mentors.
Visionary Leaders Lecture Series
Keynote speakers as well as successful Penn State York alumni will be invited to the campus to share their stories, including both challenges and successes, with our students, faculty, and corporate partners.
View past speakers and photos
Endowments and other annual funding sources have been created to provide financial support for student interns to have experiences above and beyond what is provided in the workplace. Students can apply for support to help meet expenses for activities such as travel to professional conferences or field trips with their mentors.
For more information on becoming a corporate partner, contact
Director of Development
or one of the faculty liaisons